Surrendering Your Bulldog
If you are reading this something has happened in your life to make it necessary to find a new home for your dog. You have taken the first step to making the transition as easy as possible for you, your dog and any other family members who may be involved.
We know that this is a very difficult thing to do, every situation is unique and the reasons for surrendering a dog are as numerous as the dogs we place. They do, however, have one thing in common—nobody ever starts out with a new pup expecting it to turn out this way.
Things happen, life changes, babies arrive, dogs fight with each other, soldiers go to war, families split up. Maybe the breed was just not right for you. Maybe your supposed ‘couch potato’ is a high energy ‘busy’ Bully. Whatever the reason, unless your dog has severely bitten a human, we will find her/him an appropriate, loving home.
We provide the following services:
- All adopters are carefully screened
- We are available for post adoption help
- We commit to the Bulldogs placed in our care for their lifetime
- If there is ever a problem in the new home, we find them another placement
- We will let you know by email how your Bully is doing
- The first thing you need to do is call us, we will ask you about your dog, and about what issues are causing you to surrender the dog.
- We will ask you for vet records if available, and ask you to e mail us pictures if you are able to. If you cannot do these things that is fine, we will figure out getting the dog anyway.
- We will help you and your Bully. The only time we will not take a dog is if he/she has severely bitten a human.
- We will help you figure out if surrendering your dog is the only option. Many times we help people figure out what to do to keep their dogs.
- We would like some time to sort out foster, and or placement for your Bully, but if you are in immediate need we will do everything we can to get your dog as soon as possible. Please bear in mind that we do not have a facility, sometimes we are overloaded and out of fosters. We monitor the phones, so you will get a call back within 24 hrs.
Please call 631-689-6245 or email Laurette@longislandbulldogrescue.org.
**IMPORTANT: If your need is immediate please email us at Laurette@longislandbulldogrescue.org—we do our best to get back to you asap.**